Thursday, October 19, 2006

I'm Back!

Hi-

Sorry I have been offline for a while. I am delighted to announce the birth of my son, William Joseph Torgan, born August 31st. I have been working as well as tending to the little guy, but just haven't had the time and energy to keep up the blog along with everything else. I will begin posting again each Thursday and whenever there is breaking news, so please check in!

As far as issues go, there is a ton of stuff going on. On LNG:

Save The Bay continues to fight the Weaver's Cove LNG project through the regulatory process and in the communities. We are partnered with the Attorney General and are conducting independent research on the environmental impacts of dredging. We are working with a coalition of Bay users including Marine Trades and Yachting groups on the disruptive impacts to existing uses. We are also meeting with legislative leaders and the Congressional Delegations of both states to urge them to block the necessary approvals. If the project passes regulatory approvals, we are gearing up for appeals and legal challenges.

On the health of the Bay: We will be releasing a major report "State of The Bay and The Bay Agenda" on this coming Monday. I will include a link to it on this blog, so be sure to check the blog next week. JT

No comments:

Post a Comment